Me, Myself, and Whatever

Just random thoughts about me and my life...

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Can't Wait!

So here we are again.

I have passed my Chem course with an 87%, which is an A-. Not too shabby for missing about 5 weeks of classes. I am still waiting for my math mark, but I know it will be over 50%, which at this point, is good enough for me. I can still ace my next Chem course and boost my average. So in the fall I will take some of the nursing electives, seeing as how they declined to let me in right away. Mind you, I do still have one more pre-requisite to finish before I officially qualify, so I suppose it is understandable. I am thinking I would like to take Sociology, Psychology, and English 1900. I think that some are only offered in some semesters, so I know that Psych and English are offered in one semester, but Ethics is as well, so I could probably go for that one too. I should make an appointment with an Academic Advisor, but that can wait until I come back.

And on that note...I'M SO EXCITED! I leave the day after tomorrow. I have a 3 hour flight. (Only the 3rd time ever on a plane. Once to Europe, once back, and now this.) Then I get to spend almost 2 full weeks in the Chicago area with my parents, and come back via train. Talk about a life experience. And for all those seasoned travellers out there, I am very happy for you. You may not think this trip is very much, but it is a big hoo ha for me. I don't get to go cool places very often, and in terms of travel, I'm pretty much a virgin at all of it. Went to Europe in Grade 12, other than that, I have only been to British Columbia, nevermind the rest of Canada. Someday I will get there folks. So this is a step in the right direction.

Seeing as how I have no money, not being allowed to work for the last couple months, doctor's orders, my mom and dad are funding this trip. I think they feel bad for not being able to be here when I had surgery. My mom especially. However, they make more money than I do, and they would not offer to pay if they could not afford it right now, so I will not feel guilty about accepting the invitation. The doc has cleared me to fly, so that's awesome. The only thing I don't really understand is that I can fly, just not work. Although I am not allowed to sit for long periods of time yet, which I do for about 8 hours a day when I work, so I guess it does sort of make sense.

I just realized this is a long rambling post, I apologize if it is all over the place, I am a little tired.

Oh, and to correct my last post, something very important is new. I have been a non smoker for almost 2 months. I'd say that is quite an accomplishment.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At May 03, 2007 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You mean English 190? :) It's a great course, I really enjoyed it! Hope your having fun in Chicago, with your family! xox

     
  • At May 07, 2007 8:56 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    English 190 and 1000 are the same I think. Apparently I just mixed them up, but yep. that's the one.

     
  • At May 09, 2007 11:17 AM, Blogger S* said…

    You go on with your bad non-smoking, trip-taking, exam-rocking self!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home