Me, Myself, and Whatever

Just random thoughts about me and my life...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Exams...

I am not one who likes studying for exams. Although I suppose there are few out there that actually do... Seriously though, exams were originally intended for one purpose. Learning. So you would think that perhaps writing an exam, studying again, and writing it again would prove to be more helpful to students than just exam after exam. Not only that, but what about those people with exam anxiety? Students who are brilliant, know the information well, inside and out, but when they are faced with the pressure of actually writing, go blank. Not nice. At all... But in reality I suppose exams are part of life. Testing to see what you actually know. If you think about it, would you want a doctor who graduated last in his class? Um. I'd rather have the guy who graduated first in his class. Then I know he knows what he is doing, and is not just randomly messing with patients. But still. Exams suck.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At September 16, 2008 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    True true... exams are unfair ways of assessing someone's learning. But I'd still take the first in the class any day.

     
  • At March 20, 2013 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    Look at my webpage; coffee beans

     

Post a Comment

<< Home